Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Sis!



Today is my sister, Erin's, birthday (or Deedee as her family and some others know her as) Since she is the one that got me into this whole blogging business I think its only right that she get a birthday dedication post.
I truly have the best sister ever, any of you who know her, whether old friends, family, book club, church, etc would probably agree with me on this. She has the kind of heart that shines onto everyone she meets whether you've known her for years or are just behind her in line at the grocery store. She has one of those personalities that people just enjoy being around, not only because she is a loyal friend, but she is funny, intelligent, and makes you feel so special just by projecting all of her good qualities onto you.
Deedee has always been more like my older sister that my 18 month younger sister (she used to love to ask strangers who they thought was older...come to think of it she still does). In my shy elementary years she was my translator to teachers and kids that I wouldn't talk to, In my spacey teenage years she was my reality check (let me tell you, I needed it!) And now that we are both in the begginings of parenthood (ie adulthood) she is my teacher, as her Sarah will be growing just a stair step ahead of my Charlotte. Its nice to have a little cheat sheet on parenthood. (Im sure she is dreading the inevitable late night calls, me frantically worrying that Charlotte's poop isn't the right color)
So on your birthday Deed, just know that I am thinking of you and thanking you for all of you love, advice and thoughtfulness throughout the years. I will never forget the week long wedding preparation boot camp that you endured (while 6months pregnant!) for what I can only imagine was pure and sincere love and understanding for your poor unorganized sister! You are truly my hero and I hope this day proves itself to be as special as you deserve it to be!
I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

How can anyone wonder where Sarah got her good looks?

8 comments:

Terry said...

This is the assignment I gave you guys when you were eight years old and hated each other! (write an essay on how much and why you love your sister!) It does this mother's heart good to know how much you love each other now! I love you both! Love, Mom

erin said...

MEGHAN! Thank you so much for that...it tops my list of birthday gifts! And, of course I'm not dreading the late night calls about Charlotte's poop...you know how I love to be an expert on such things! I love you, love you, love you!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute. >tear<

Anonymous said...

Well said, kid!

"The Dad"

Lori Grimes said...

Meg, this one made me cry, you're both two lucky women.

Anonymous said...

I think you got some help from your mom in writing this...just kidding. Well written and right from the heart!

Love you...

A.K. said...

What an awesome bday blog to your sis!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to your sweet sister! I too am lucky that I have Erin as a sister (in-law) to call for baby advice! She'll be busy =)
P.Cobb