Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Band Wagon



Okay...so I'll admit, Ive never claimed to be immune to peer pressure or even blatent bandwagon jumping, so here goes with the first blog post for the Ryan family. When I asked Dave what we should name our blog he immediately chimed in with "The Rockin' Ryans, of course". Not only for the obvious conotation of cool but also because in just a couple months we will be rockin' our little Charlotte. Hopefully I will be able to keep everyone who is interested posted with updates on our lives as well as Charlotte's. I cant promise anything, all I can say is that I will try my darndest!
Dave and I have recently started our childbirth classes, which, I find very interesting. Also, scary at the same time. Those birthing videos definitely take the romance out of the whole experience...I thought the doctor was just supposed to emerge from under the crisp white sheet with our perfectly pink (and dry) baby :)) I guess its good to go into this whole thing informed right? I cant believe we have less than two months to go before our little bundle of joy (apologies for the cliche) is here! (July 5th for those keeping score)

7 comments:

erin said...

You totally got Mom's way with words. And Dad's wit. You suck. You're out-blogging me already! Love you and LOVE that your blogging!

Terry said...

Horray! Horray! Another blog to check daily and a way to keep up with you guys! Great job! I love you three! Love, Mom aka Grama

A.K. said...

Welcome to the blogging scene! I'm a friend of Erin's. I'm guessing the Erin suckered you into blogging just like me- but it is the best thing ever! Can't wait till there are pictures of Pigbear's new cousin on the blog in a few months!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Hurray! I am SO glad you started a blog. Now I can keep up. Those quick phone conversations just aren't enough.
I have thought about doing a blog - but I worry that I would not keep up with it. I tend not to follow through with things :{ (a sad reality)

Anonymous said...

What a COOL blog for the COOL Rockin Ryans!! Great Job.

P.Cobb

Lori Grimes said...

Don't even worrie about not keeping up I gotcha back. I'll have so may pictures of Charlie on my blog people will forget I have two boys and a husband.

Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday that I gave birth to our Paul. Over 6 ft. tall and 26 years old! Talk about time going by so very quickly!!!!

You'll do fine as far as the birth. Fix your eyes on something and remember that your "little one" is coming into your life soon. At least we don't have to go through 9 months of labor. so what's a few hours....

Love you guys