Saturday, July 08, 2006

A New Frontier







Over the last few days Dave and I have started our initiation into the sacred club of Parenthood. Today Charlotte is one week old and I have to say that she is making life really easy for us. She is either a really laid back and mellow baby or she is biding her time to unleash her wrath until after all of our help has gone, ie. Grama and Grandad.
She sleeps a good percentage of the time, in fact we usually have to wake her up to eat. When she is awake she looks around so inquisitively or stares at your face intently, its so fascinating how she seems to be soaking things in and learning with every second. We have had a parade of visitors over the last few days and she has been very understanding with being passed around from Grama to Aunt to cousin etc etc. Here are some pictures over the past week.

Thankyou for everyone's thoughts and well wishes over the last week the blogging family is truely a caring one!

10 comments:

erin said...

It's about TIME! I adore that picture of Charlotte looking right at the camera. It's like she's introducing herself to her Aunt DeeDee (because of course, she was thinking of ME when that picture was taken). I love that little munchkin so much...can't wait to squeeze her!

Anonymous said...

Awe, I LOVE it! I'm glad Charlotte is being a good baby and enjoying her loving family.
Best,
P.Cobb

Lori Grimes said...

I don't mind sharing but I'm looking forward to the day I get her all to myself!

Anonymous said...

I truly wish Grandaddy and I were a part of the parade! Can't wait til we get some "Charlotte time" - she will have changed a lot by then. Glad to hear she is so good. Not surprising since her parents are calm and laid back as well. Love to all ><

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think Charlotte is sucking you guys in big-time! Any day the histrionics will begin; just enjoy the relative calm while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Wish I was one of those aunts visiting and getting some serious baby hog time in. Enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.

Love you all!!

AW

Anonymous said...

She's so cute!! But just so you know, babies are pretty good at giving you a break for the first week or two so you can catch your breath - or is it put your guard down? We'll see what your blog says in a couple of weeks!! :-)

A.K. said...

Look at the BIG eyes in that orangy color picture!!! she's gorgeous!!! sorry it took me so long to write but we were out of town for over a week! what a surprise it was to come back and see pictures of a beautiful new ones!!! congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you guys are all doing well. I heard that she started crawling already! Not before her older cousin, though, right?? That wouldn't make any sense at all!!
Love you guys, Karen

Joyce said...

The pictures are adorable! I know how much you will miss your mom when she leaves and visa-versa. Now it's time for little Sarah and DeeDee to be with her. Oops, I forgot to mention, Brent. Aunt Lori will make up for the loss of your mom; for awhile, anyway!
We love you guys and hope to see you soon. Thank goodness for Blogging!!!