Friday, June 09, 2006

Baby Shower



So Im a bit behind on updating everyone on the latest haps. Ive been sick this week, so I apologize. Anyways, I had the most awesome baby shower last weekend thanks to Aunt Lu, Aunt Dana, Karen and everyone else who brought/sent such beautiful, cute, creative, unique gifts! I must admit these pictures were kind of hard to look at, I guess looking at myself everyday in the mirror is a bit different then a picture. I didnt realize how different (ie chubby) I look these days, Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory!
I was overwhelmed by all the thoughtful and beautiful gifts that we recieved including 2 handmade blankets, on handmade fabric, many things from our registry and one of my personal favorites the little pink Hello Kitty Kimono directly from Japan.
We played a few really fun games such as "guess the white powder"(baby powder, detergent, sugar, baking soda, etc.), "baby trivia" (did you know the largest baby at birth weighed 24 lbs!), "guess how big Meg's belly is using a string measurement" (Aunt Lu won) and "find the safety pins in a bowl of rice (blindfolded)" (this one was much harder than it sounds)!
Anyways, it was really really fun, if only a few more important women could have been there it would have been complete! Charlotte is gonna be a lucky girl!

7 comments:

erin said...

Yay for blogging! We've missed getting updates! Seriously, you look ADORABLE and will be so glad that you have these pictures in a few months when you're back to toothpick size. I'm getting too excited about meeting the Harlot. I'm counting the days! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Remember, the days of being so spoiled are almost gone. You'll find a difference, in that you will love spoiling your little one!
I'm sorry that I was unable to come to the baby shower. I thought of you, often that day. Love the pictures!
Love you...

A.K. said...

What a special time and how lucky Charlotte will be with all the awesome people in her life- and by the way- you still look great- you look so happy and excited to be a mom- so enjoy the pictures and know that with the "pregnant look" comes a beautiful little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there. Glad you had such a great time!

Lori Grimes said...

That was a fun day. Good thing Karen was incharge of the games, who knows what out of date games I would have come up with.

Terry said...

You look beautiful, sweetie. Can't wait to see you in just three short weeks. And then to meet Miss Charlotte! I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Meghan, the time is so near (SO exciting). Seriously, Meghan, you look OUTSTANDING. The photos will be fun to look back!
P.Cobb